Thursday, January 6, 2011

November 15, 2009-- Prose Poem

December 10, 2006. I was waiting for my bus to take me to school when I got a chilling call from my best friend. Her name was Sydney and she was hysterical. I could almost feel her tears through the phone and when she finally told me what had happened my heart skipped not only one but two beats. She told me that he had passed in his sleep and told me what an aneurysm was. I knew she would never be the Sydney I knew for seven years knowing her dad was gone. I couldn't understand her misery or pain nor did I want to. But I tried to understand. I never thought that would happen to a friend. Let alone me. November 15, 2009. My worst nightmare. I received the same chilling call only it was my father who had passed. Time stopped, and everything went black. Coming back to reality I see red, blue and white lights flashing and people crying hysterically and the dog barking. I'm trying bust through the door but being held back by two men dressed in navy blue. They were telling me to calm down and stand back. The medics were my enemies that day. I just wanted to see him for one last time. Although now looking back I'm so glad I didn't. The last image of my fathers face is him saying "I'll see ya Bay" The keyword in that is smiling. I know now that if I would have gone in that house to see my father it would have haunted me for life. Now, he is my best friend in my rem and he is the built in heater in my body that keeps me warm. He is the gleaming flames in the sky at night fall and he is the hot ball of gas in the day time that lives in the sky. He is wind that makes me cold but whispers "hello's" to me. I know he is always around because I can feel his love swarm my body. November 15, 2009 is the day I will never forget.

2 comments:

  1. I love the part where you say
    "he is the built in heater in my body that keeps me warm."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just located your fab Byron Blog....and it is the subject of my "Monday Mention" on my Byron Blog...
    Keep up with the great work!
    Tee

    http://ravingabouttheregency.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete