Thursday, January 6, 2011

Community Blog Assignment


The blog “ The Life of John Keats: A Romantic Poet” By Darian Washington, , , , it’s set up is very easy to navigate, and posts are clearly labeled. Each post that I have read is well written, and clearly descriptive.  Authors of each blog have a good picture to go along with their text, my favorite post probably has to be “ The Rose”. From line one I was stunned, my breath almost taken away literally. Most poetry that I have read makes me think to even come close to comprehension, when this prose poem paints a solid clear picture in my head. Instantly I am connected into the writer’s thoughts and feelings, as if the author was in this very room. The simile usage is absolutely spectacular, from a brown bear to something as personal as one’s heart or feelings.  Each thought is connected to a meaning, the theme stays consistent with the desert of cacti and crazed rattle snake. Using the analogy of a prisoner worked wonderful to show the want a prisoner would have, just like one might have for a loved one out of reach from their limits.  What I like most about this specific post was how at the start you think that it will only be about happiness and love, by the time you reach the end of the stanza you have reached a phase of despair. Hopelessness was another key point at the end. The blog was put together in a very organized and fashionable manner that really fits together that made me want to continue browsing through it. Each picture is very important because they themselves include so much symbolism that goes with the poem. This blog is greatly detailed and informational, even if you only read one post, you will learn at least one interesting thing. John Keats makes some more sense after reading just a few posts on this blog. Many helpful links are included such as a link to most popular poems, to sites of knowledge of Keats, all the way to a link to none other but my blog itself. Overall the Keats Blog by these four was a great piece of work that deserves credibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment