Thursday, January 6, 2011

Community Blog-- The Best Of Blake

After reading "Little boy Lost" and after "Little Boy Found" by William Blake, From Pang Thao's response I thought it was really insightful. The way they explained their thoughts and feelings on the poems made it a lot more simple to understanding what Blake was trying to convey to all readers. In my opinion Pang did a great job with what he wrote. Not only because he put his feelings in the response but what he thought Blake's feelings were about his amazing writing. I personally found the poems very inspirational because it seems like the young boy had to posses a very strong will and want to be happy and he had to be very positive for himself to keep holding on and hoping that god will answer his prayers. I liked the way William Blake wrote the poems. He did almost like a "cliff hanger" in "Little Lost Boy Lost", he made the readers believe that the young boy didn't make it out okay. It makes us have this feeling of sadness and almost a mad feeling because we just wanted the little boy to be okay and happy with his mother. But then when you read "Little Boy Found" you realise that everything panned out okay for the young boy and god answered his prayers by leading him to his mother. I love poems, song, books, and movies that do that to you. Give you a feeling, any feeling at all. It almost makes you feel like you can relate to the poem, song, book or movie. Now that I am older I have a good understanding of poems and I realise that writing can give you a feeling. I find it fascinating. I think my favorite part about reading Pang's response to the poems is how he linked the song "Amazing Grace" to the poem. Like I said previously it is great that people can relate songs to poems and that is exactly what he did in his response.
If you are interested in reading this poem and Pang's response for yourself then click here,  http://www.theworksofwb.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment